Hello professional bass tournament fans. Welcome to JamesElamFishing.com.
If this is your first visit to my site… thanks for dropping in ! If you’ve been here before, welcome back!
I’m James Elam, professional Bassmaster tournament angler. I was born and raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I attended Broken Arrow High School where I was a high school state wrestling medalist and received All American honors in both Freestyle and Greco Roman styles. After High School, I attended Oklahoma State University and graduated with a Bachelor degree in Landscape Architecture. While at OSU, I also served as the Oklahoma State University Bass Fishing Club President for 2 years.
Growing up, and all through college I have always been an avid tournament angler. In 2012, I entered the Bassmaster Central Opens and qualified to compete in the 2013 Bassmaster Elite Series. After my rookie season in 2013, I re-qualified to compete in 2014 and had another fun year on the Bassmaster Elite Series trail.
I recently wrapped up my third full season, and it was a success! I won a Bassmaster Central Open on Oklahoma’s Lake Fort Gibson, and finished 26th overall in AOY points – double-qualifying for the 2016 Bassmaster Classic, in my hometown – Tulsa, Oklahoma – on my home waters – Grand Lake o‘ the Cherokees. I’m pumped!
• Takeoff – Grand Lake O’ the Cherokees | Wolf Creek Park | 963 N. 16th Street, | Grove OK 74344
• Outdoors Expo – Cox Business Center | 100 Civic Center | Tulsa, OK 74103
•Weigh-Ins – BOK Center | 200 South Denver Avenue | Tulsa, OK 74103
• St. Johns River | Palatka, Florida | March 17 - 20
• Winyah Bay | Georgetown, South Carolina | April 7 - 10
• Bull Shoals/Norfork | Mountain Home, Arkansas | April 21 - 24
• Wheeler Lake | Decatur, Alabama | April 28 - May 1
• Toledo Bend | Many, Louisiana | May 12, 2016 - May 15
• BASSfest | Lake Texoma | Durant, Oklahoma | June 8 - 12
• Cayuga Lake | Union Springs, New York | June 23 - June 26
• 2016 Bassmaster Classic Bracket | Niagara River | Buffalo, New York | July 19-22
• Potomac River | Charles County, Maryland | August 11-14
• Mississippi River | La Crosse, Wisconsin | September 8-11
• Toyota Bassmaster AOY Championship | Mille Lacs Lake | Mille Lacs, Minnesota | September 15-18